In the Pacific Northwest, many homeowners are showing interest in a mini-split heat pump installation. “Mini-splits” offer many benefits over traditional central heating and cooling systems, including reduced energy consumption, installation flexibility and affordability.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of a mini-split heat pump installation in the Pacific Northwest, as well as provide tips for choosing the best system for your home.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump?
A ductless mini-split heat pump is a simple, energy-efficient heating and cooling solution for homes and businesses. It keeps the temperature in the space consistent by using inverter technology, which avoids inconsistent temperature variations that happen with conventional HVAC systems.
This system is fairly simple and non-invasive to install, as without the need for ductwork, there is minimal disturbance to existing walls or ceilings throughout the home.
Six Reasons to Go Ductless On Your Next Installation
- The operating cost for mini-splits is significantly low. And, with low-cost financing options, the cost of installation is more affordable than ever before.
- Mini-splits are more efficient than other available options in the market.
- Ductless mini-split installation takes less time and effort than ducted AC installation.
- Ductless systems have comprehensive filtration options that eliminate dirt and pollutants to improve indoor air quality.
- Ductless mini-split heat pumps need minimal maintenance and save money.
- Because of the higher efficiency of ductless systems, many utility companies offer rebates and incentives to homeowners and businesses that install ductless air conditioners. In addition, as a clean energy technology, there may be more incentives to come with the implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act.
Going Ductless Is Perfect for Home Improvement
If you want to make your home more comfortable without breaking the bank, a mini-split heat pump is a great option. Mini-splits use less energy than standard HVAC systems and are perfect for smaller spaces, add-ons, garages, basements, man caves and more.
Ready to start? Here’s everything you need to know:
- Decide which type of mini-split you want. There are four main types of mini-splits: wall-mounted, ceiling-mounted, floor-mounted, and even ducted. You can choose the style that best matches your needs and budget. If you’re unsure, a ductless professional will explain your options and what might be best for your home.
- Calculate how much space you need for the mini-split. Add up the square footage of all the rooms in your house that will need heat, plus an extra 10% for smaller areas like vents and attic access. In an initial consultation, a professional installer will help determine this for you.
- Work with a qualified contractor for the installation. A mini-split installation is a big job – don’t try it yourself! A qualified contractor will have all the necessary tools and expertise to do the job right.
If you’re ready to take your home comfort up a notch, a mini-split heat pump is a perfect choice. Talk to a contractor today to get started – we’ll be happy to help you figure out which type of mini-split is best for your home.
Mini-splits For New Construction Applications
Mini-splits offer a number of advantages over traditional HVAC systems, making them a good choice for new construction.
Here are four reasons why mini-splits are an excellent choice for new construction:
- They Are Energy Efficient: Mini-splits use less energy than traditional HVAC systems, which can help you save money on your energy bills.
- They Are Quiet: Mini-splits are quiet compared to other types of HVAC systems.
- They Are Reliable: Mini-splits are more reliable than other types of HVAC systems, so you won’t have to worry about them needing maintenance as frequently.
- They Are Flexible: Mini-splits are customizable to suit your specific needs, so you can ensure your system will fit your home or office perfectly.
Save Energy and Money on Utility Bills
If you’re looking to save energy and money on your utility bills, consider installing a mini-split heat pump in your home. Mini-splits are an excellent choice for people in the Pacific Northwest because they can help reduce your energy costs. In addition, mini splits are an affordable way to improve your home’s heating and cooling capacity.
No Ductwork and No Messy Renovations
Mini-split heat pumps are the perfect solution for people in the Pacific Northwest. Homeowners want to enjoy a comfortable home without all the hassle and mess of traditional ductwork installation.
If you’re considering installing a mini-split heat pump in your home, ask our experts at Alpine Ductless about our options in the Pacific Northwest. We can help you choose the best ductless system for your needs and install it – without any messy renovations!
Mini-Split Installation By HVAC Professionals
If you’re considering installing a ductless system in your home, here are some tips to ensure the job is done right:
- Research your options. Familiarize yourself with ductless heating and cooling, and make a list of the most important features of a healing and cooling system. Once you have an idea of what you’re looking for, meet with a professional installer for next steps.
- Consult with a professional installer. A professional installer will have experience with ductless mini-splits and will walk you through the installation process and what might be best for your home. They will also be familiar with local codes and regulations specific to your area.
- Enjoy the benefits of your new mini-split system. Once your mini-split installation is complete and your inspections are finished, sit back, relax, and enjoy your new ductless system.
It’s Environmentally Friendly
A ductless mini-split heat pump installation is a great option for those looking to go green. Not only is this installation an environmentally friendly option, but it’s also a more efficient one. Mini-splits are known for being extremely energy efficient, so by going ductless, you can drastically reduce your energy consumption. In fact, some customers who have installed a new ductless system have reported saving around 25%–50% or more on monthly heating bills during the cold winter months.
Improve Indoor Air Quality With a Mini-Split Heat Pump Installation
Mini-splits are great for indoor air quality (IAQ), as they absorb dust, odors, and a wide variety of airborne allergens. They circulate and filter the air within a room (without pulling from outside air), so the air is cleaner. Lastly, because mini-splits don’t use ductwork, the indoor air doesn’t get contaminated by dust buildup within a ductwork system.
If you’re considering installing a mini-split in your Pacific Northwest home, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure a professional properly installs the unit. When not installed correctly, mini-splits can cause structural damage or leaks.
- Consider adding a purifier to your ductless system, as a mini-split filters the air, but doesn’t purify or neutralize it. You can choose an in-the-duct purifier that goes into the air handler of a traditional system and ducted system. Or, you can choose an add-on ductless purifier that is installed at the time of installation.
- Keep your mini-split clean and vacuum it regularly to remove pollen, dust, and other particles that can cause allergies.
Steady Market Growth
Many people around the globe use mini-splits, especially in India, China, and Japan. Just recently, they have been gaining popularity in the USA, too. As we see an increase in global temperatures, we expect to see an increase in the ductless market, too. In fact, the overall ductless market is projected to extend by around 9% annually. Single zone systems are projected to grow by 10% annually, and multi-zone systems are projected to rise by 15% annually.
Hire Qualified and Professional Mini-Split Heat Pump Installers In The Pacific Northwest
If you live in the Pacific Northwest and are ready for a mini-split heat pump installation in your home or office, choose Alpine Ductless. Our professional ductless installation team is certified and qualified, and will ensure you reap the benefits of a new ductless system all year round.
Want to learn more about ductless mini-splits? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Ductless Heating and Cooling here.