If it seems every summer the warm, Pacific Northwest weather suddenly appears and you’ve done nothing to prepare your home for it, this can leave you in a dicey situation. When the first sweltering day arrives, you might turn on your ductless air conditioning unit and find nothing happens. You want to make sure your ductless AC receives the attention it needs for optimum performance and longer life. Here we offer our top tips to get your ductless cooling system ready for summer so you can depend on that blissful cool air when the temperatures rise.
Have Your Unit Inspected Before the Heat Arrives
First, you should schedule an inspection and maintenance call before the Northwest Washington heat even arrives. This call will check everything including:
- System Deep Clean: Dust and all kinds of debris build up in your system over time. If you don’t have regular maintenance calls, this debris continues to worsen, blocking proper operation and interfering with air circulation. Once-every-two-years ductless AC maintenance cleans the whole system out power-washing the fan, coils, and housing components of both your mini-split cooling indoor and outdoor units.
- System inspection: Along with your deep clean, your system needs to be inspected to test every aspect of its function and components. This includes a test of electrical, drainage and refrigerant systems. We use a 14 pt. inspection checklist so nothing is missed, and we can address any necessary repairs so you’re ready for the hot weather.
At Alpine Ductless, we also offer a 15% discount on any recommended repairs not covered under warranties during the life of the agreement. This makes it affordable and easier to keep your system running smoothly.
Upgrade or Improve Your Unit With the Latest Tech
Technology is constantly changing, even for ductless AC systems. For example, the Daikin One+ smart thermostat, made for mini-split units, leverages the latest in smart home technology providing an intelligent home air controller. You can have even more control over the efficiency of your ductless AC using advanced cloud-based technology to control temperature, humidity, and air quality throughout the summer. The One+ smart thermostat offers the following settings and features:
- System Mode: This is the basic control to set your temperatures and turn the system on and off.
- Screen Cleaning Mode: This turns the screen off for 25 seconds so you can swipe the pad while cleaning without worry of changing the settings. Cleaning frequently touched surfaces has become more important in the wake of the pandemic.
- Lightbar: The lightbar allows you to set your panel so you can see at a glance if the system is on. It glows blue for AC and orange for heat.
You also have the option to enter a lock code so only authorized people in the household can operate the system. You can reduce people accessing the system to make unnecessary adjustments. Also, with ductless systems, because you may be able to control temperatures in each room individually, you tend to experience fewer “temperature wars” like you would with a traditional system using one main control.
The key to being prepared is to continue to schedule maintenance at the change of the seasons in the spring and fall. You’ll ensure your system is working, while also adding to its efficiency and life span.
Contact us here or call us at (360) 615-2740 to see if a ductless heating and cooling upgrade is right for you!